Monday 6 June 2022

Isabella Jones-Rigby


After what seems like a lifetime I managed to see the work of this years graduates from ECA's Performance Costume course. Here is one of the creations by Isabella Jones-Rigby for 'The Middnight Runner' by Nalo Hopkinson.

"I wanted to explore different design styles and further my construction knowledge. Midnight Robber by Nalo Hopkinson was chosen as I wanted to focus on a Caribbean story. It is rare to see Caribbean sci-fi in degree work so I enjoyed researching more into my own culture and educating myself and others through my work. The character Tan-Tan  in her Robber Queen costume represents overcoming trauma and self discovery with inspiration taken from the Trinidadian carnival character, The Midnight Robber." Isabella Jones-Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment