Thursday 7 May 2015

Kate Cockburn




Kate Cockburn's Outer Space, Outer my Mind' SS 2016 menswear collection, from ECA fashion show's graduating fourth years last month, was a bold striking menswear collection that brought to mind great American sporting hero's of baseball and American football. Pieces with larger than life silhouettes created
large body forms for Kates statements and bold floral motif.

"Outer Space, outer my mind’ was inspired by the idea of space tourism and holidaying in amongst the planets and stars of the universe (hence the brit abroad socks and sandals). The Hawaiian print references  films such as Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Baz Luhrmann’s Romeo and Juliet. Space monkeys inspired the long, rounded arms even inspired some of the bold, black fur print. The overall atmosphere I wanted to create was fun, laid back, sporty and humorous with a bold and graphical feel. 
I wanted to create slogans such as Astronaut of my mind and Outer Space outer my mind to create discussion as I love to hear all different opinions of what other people think my collection is about."  Kate Cockburn

No comments:

Post a Comment