Thursday 21 October 2021

Cyril Maisonnave

 



Cyril Maisonnave knits cutlery, and it is beautiful, surreal and amazing.

"Between my reflection on knitting and my interest in the forgotten poetry of familiar objects, I therefore naturally associated knitting and cutlery in a process of re-reading daily practices. My cutlery, through their treatments, tell us about their scrapping, their erasure. Their metamorphoses, their assimilations into the natural environment from which their materials come, lead us to a poetic reflection on ourselves ... The object certainly loses its usefulness, but it becomes a catalyst, a revealer of our attitude towards the world." Cyril Maisonnave




As he developes this theme Cyril has recently been dipping his knitted tableware into porcelain. 





1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I have dreams about all sorts of delicate objects like yours.

    ReplyDelete