Sunday 7 July 2019

Nika Danielska




Nika Danielska makes exoskeletal costume, alien or insect-like carapaces.

"For 15 years I have created sculptural costumes and clothing that can not be worn. My field of interest is the human body and the various forms it can take. That is why my projects are sometimes called exoskeletons: they are complex, intricate and necessarily symmetrical. My new project is inspired by radiolarians - tiny organisms that inhabit the world's oceans. Their skeletons have a complex, architectural form. Some radiolarians contain algal symbionts - organisms that live inside a foreign body and do not harm it, but help. This idea inspired me to think of the exoskeleton as a form of protecting the subtle life, which is hidden under a solid structure." Nika Danielska




No comments:

Post a Comment