Saturday 30 June 2018

Cat McIntyre







Cat McIntyre's Graduate show for textiles at Gray's School of Art degree show inspired by organic plant forms as a reaction to urban living.

"My concept emerged as a result of missing my dad’s garden. The nature deficit I faced on return to the Granite City compelled a body of research into biophilic design, a concept which aims to re-introduce natural forms, colours and textures into the contemporary urban home. My work collages aspects of botanics which I find comforting and questions the line between art and design as I consider both form/function and wider cultural debates surrounding mental health and urbanisation. The environment created demonstrates the therapeutic properties of creating with your hands and immerses the viewer into a sensory, calmative utopia which prompts their own memories of the outdoors. Ultimately, the work is both playful and interactive." Cat McIntyre





No comments:

Post a Comment