Sunday 3 December 2017

JiJing Lai






Taiwanese artist JiJing Lai's series of weavings, called 'Little Forest', where JiJing has poetically incorporated seeds and grasses into her weavings.

"Little Forest"
To those who are accustomed to the hustle and bustle of a big city, urban living seems to be a full, colored schedule book. Even though everyday is a new day and sacrifices must be paid for life, one cannot help but fight for a change from time to time. Imagine a day, one walks into the woods embracing a moment of peace, sits in silence doing nothing, and enjoys the day undisturbed. Pure pleasure.
Over the past few years I was able to go into the nature and see the mountains during my travels. Mountains are surrounded by trees and bushes. Whenever I was in the mountain, I felt I was part of the surroundings, returning into the original, primitive state of mind. Without the hustle and bustle of the city, a symphony of chirping birds and humming insects and the crispness of the air constitutes the wonderfulness of this little forest.
Dried natural plants are the focal point in the series of “Little Forest.” I weaved those dried leaves and sticks into my works in an attempt to maintain their original appearance as much as possible. Through these works, I’m hoping to bring everyone back to the wonderful moments that I had enjoyed in the forests.
JiJIng Lai
Thank you Dom 

No comments:

Post a Comment