Sunday 15 September 2013

Maartje Van Hooij





 
 

Maartje Van Hooij has just graduated from the Willem de Kooning Academy her textural, sculptural work is full of spectacle and theatre, and places the wearer as the star of their own performance.

"I call myself a Creator. This because I believe in being creative in all work fields.
Here is a bit about my graduate collection: 'A new Bow-Tie'.

The concept of my collection is based on the fact that we live in an image-driven world. We communicate through images, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
I thought of the challenges of launching yourself as an artist in the world of fashion and art. You need powerful imagery to stand out in the crowd.
This collection represents my vision on fashion and current changes in the industry. Styling is going to take the lead. A dress will be a dress but bold accessories and styling can make it a unique expression of the person who wears it. Consumers become art directors of their own image.
My collection consists of big and bold accessories and hand crafted clothing pieces made of various layers of fabric. The person wearing my clothes can opt to place the fabrics and style the accessories in a way that reflects their own image."
Maartje Van Hooji

No comments:

Post a Comment